Tuesday 29 June 2010

A real sad story...

Right Im gonna tell you all this once, and this is the last thing im ever going to say on the matter as the pain is just too unbearable to keep with me, after this last telling of the story im cutting the cord...
So, after reading my last post you will have gained that I was heading to Glastonbury festival last Thursday, I was so excited, Bags packed, youtube videos watched to hype myself up, alcohol brought and plastic bottled, I even borrowed an old phone so that I wouldn't have to rely on a shitty iphone battery, basically we were all set and ready to rock. I fell asleep the night before with butterflies in my stomach and even did that little 'running on the spot while laying down' thing you used to do when it was christmas eve as a kid. Next morning I woke up, an hour before my alarm, and rolled around with my eyes closed and slowly remembered that it was the day we were off to Glasto, happy. Then, as I rolled over, I felt a small uncomfortableness in my neck just below the right side of my jaw and I felt it with my fingertips. A small painful lump, about the size of a sachet of ketchup and as soon as I had felt it I knew exactly what it was... MUMPS (my girlfriend and her housemates had gotten it 2 weeks ago). Fucking mumps, and I havent really left my room since. Physically lumpy and emotionally scarred.
"These things happen", you might say, and "theres always next year" but this one was a special one, It was the 40th, it was the World Cup, but most of all it was sunny, VERY SUNNY. for those of you from outside the UK Its virtually never sunny at Glastonbury festival, kind of an ongoing joke.
So despite my saying in my last post I would have a full Glasto review... I don't... just a real sad story... and a (now boiled egg sized) mump on my jaw.
...still, these things happen, theres alway next year.

ARGH!...

and ARRRRGHHH!!!...