Thursday 28 January 2010

Just as I suspected...

The iPad is useless to most...

Someone please tell me they found this video just absolutly ridiculous!? (the "now I dont have to turn my hands upsidedown" comment for example). This video just makes me want to absolutely loathe the iPon due to this ludicrous script alone.
A few other glaring issues:
It has no real taraget audience.
It is too big for a pocket so the teenagers wont buy it.
It is too small to do any design work on so the designers won't buy it.
It isn't powerful enough to run any big programmes so it has a short shelf life (expect a beefed up version soon).
No Flash? how can it possibly be the most enhanced web browsing experience yet if it cannot run Flash? hmm?
It can only be targeted at the people who want an ebook but even then if you are serious about that then it isn't for you either as the screen is not eye-friendly.
I really could go on...

I can see that the games will be pretty awesome what with the large screen and more powerful processor (still not that powerful) and i'm certain it will give the other hand-held consoles a run for their money but it is just such and odd size, as I said, too big for the pocket and too small for home use. It would be a fun thing to have around but I really can't see what sort of life it has apart from a businessman who carries a briefcase and needs a jazzy new Filofax...

Buy this if you just want to pointlessly give some money away to a cause you so obviously have an obsessive belief in...
Ben at ifthisisablogthenwhatschristmas sums it up better than I have (yet)... HERE